Therefore, each EcoTrail® implements various initiatives in order to protect the environment, such as:
- Inciting participants to use sustainable transports, by providing transport tickets, group transport services etc.
- Highlighting local and natural heritages, by encouraging the rehabilitation of cultural sites, designing courses in emblematic and historical places etc.
- Reducing the environmental impact, by reducing and sorting waste, deploying eco-actors to clean the courses, using sustainable products, etc.
- Providing balanced products at refreshment posts, by using local and seasonal products first and redistributing food excess to local associations, etc.
- Educating trail runners on eco-responsibility, by raising awareness about sustainable development, providing individual waste disposal bags, signing an ethical charter, using signage that encourages eco-responsibility, etc.